Sunday, September 20, 2009

My First Day at Australia

The day I arrived in Australia was on 19 January 2009, with my husband. It was a lovely day. We arrived in the morning around 11am. It was a mix feeling for me. Perhaps this was the first international visit for me. Even though I was feeling home-sick and feeling for those I left behind, I was happy to be with my husband. We were very tried after a long journey. It took us 18 hours including 7 hours transit in Bangkok. But once we landed on Sydney Airport, I was surprised to see such a beautiful country with every thing so arranged and clean. Since we don't have any relatives, no one came to welcome us in the airport. we hire a taxi and reached home soon. We had shower and my husband took me to an Indian restaurant for launch. The food was quite similar to our local food. I couldn't eat much. Once we finish we went to wash our car. This was the first time I wash a car. It's imagine but very hard work. We had rest after that. In the afternoon my husband suggest that we should clean our house quickly. We tried to do it as early as possible since we had a dinner with my husband's friend. We came back home late night and went to bed.

This was a wonderful but mix feeling for me in Australia. In one hand I was happy to be with my husband - a new life, but on the other hand I was homesick for my family, relatives whom I left behind. Before I landed in the airport I was hoping that If I could go back home! It was really hard to adjust myself with a new environment without any relatives. The situation got worst once my husband joined his work after few days. I was left alone at home nothing much to do. But eventually I learned how to adjust. And after all those month in Australia I must say Australia is a very good country to live and with all those friendly people, it should not take long to get used to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment